[User Picture]
From:danegen
Date:June 21st, 2008 06:17 am (UTC)
(Link)
Oh, great! I saw this on imeem recently, dling now. I'd love to download Awakening if it's available.
[User Picture]
From:balistik94
Date:June 21st, 2008 09:00 am (UTC)
(Link)
Hey wassup. DL and streaming links for Awakening will be available in my next post ;)
[User Picture]
From:buffyann
Date:July 4th, 2008 08:29 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Finally, I've been able to see this.
I like action vids but they're not my thing overall, because I need to connect with the vid to love it, and action vids are overall a bit light in that area.
This is how I felt about this one as well. Maybe I just didn't connect with the song ? clearly matches the movie though :)

That said, the intro section was quite captivating. Definitely my favourite part, a good way to catch the attention of the viewer. You've used beautiful imagery throughout.
You certainely have very good editing skills. You also have your own style and I would just see some things I haven't seen in other vids here, some great, other I felt didn't really pay off. But overall, you clearly have the vibe for action. :)

Why am I writing this in english ? would you rather have comments in french ?
[User Picture]
From:balistik94
Date:July 4th, 2008 09:34 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Wow thank you for taking the time to watch this and write a review. I'm kinda shocked to see your comment on here (in a good way ). Maybe it's because I've been whining about up and coming vidders needing exposure lol.

"Finally, I've been able to see this"
Did you have trouble downloading the vid or watching it with the streaming links?

"I like action vids but they're not my thing overall, because I need to connect with the vid to love it, and action vids are overall a bit light in that area."
This is my problem right there. My vids are one dimensional and I can't seem to convey emotion to the viewer. This is what I'm working on right now.

"That said, the intro section was quite captivating. Definitely my favourite part, a good way to catch the attention of the viewer"
Thanks that's exactly what I tried to do. I thought about cutting the intro of the song because I felt it was too long but then I thought "let's put some clips of Blade taking his weapons" which is the kind of stuff you see in comic book movies.

"I would just see some things I haven't seen in other vids here, some great, other I felt didn't really pay off"
I really need betas lol.

I'm used to reading comments in english on LJ so it's fine.

Thanx again for writing this. I'm honored. I will definitely check out more of your work which is inspiring.

PS : I'm betting on you to win the tourney so don't make me lose money ;)
[User Picture]
From:buffyann
Date:July 4th, 2008 09:54 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Maybe it's because I've been whining about up and coming vidders needing exposure lol
LOL ! no, that's not it (even if I know the feeling). I just download most vid I see on my friendlist and save them. But I've been caught up in my own vidding so I didn't took the time to view the newest ones yet. hence the delay in comments (I try to always comment on what I watch) and yeah, rapidshare messes with me a lot so in the end, I watched on imeem ;)

My vids are one dimensional and I can't seem to convey emotion to the viewer
That's great you're trying to evolve. I find this to be the most motivator for vidders. But honestly, Action vids, just like anime are a sort of different wave to surf on. The expectations in terms of emotion are different than a character study for instance. But there's definitely some ways of making the vid more enternaining and enthralling, I believe.
I'm sure you've seen some of dragonchic's vids and well, she just represents all that is awesome in action vid. You might wanna look at some of mranderson71's work if you like action vids. His last Matrix one is really cool.

I'm betting on you to win the tourney
mm, thanks, but have you SEEN who's the first seed on my bracket ? I wouldn't bet much on me this year. Last year was a total luck.
[User Picture]
From:balistik94
Date:July 4th, 2008 10:27 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Yeah of course I'm planning to make non-actiony vids so I can really work on making my vids deeper. Hell yeah I watched all of DC's vids and a few of mranderson's. His latest one is great. I'm not all about action but I need to improve my editing before trying to make more serious stuff. So I'll work my way up.
Obsessive24 is incredibly good but so are you. You're the reigning champ after all...

PS : Here's my msn address in case you wanna chat

maitre_mechant@msn.com

(don't laugh)
[User Picture]
From:kiki_miserychic
Date:July 6th, 2008 02:34 am (UTC)

Knuckle crack the bone, 21 to win

(Link)
After watching your Matrix Trilogy vid, I wanted to watch all your vids. And I was pleased to find this one. It has the same pulse quickening editing and hard hitting effects.

My favorite moment has to be the 1:20s with the glitched "worm". Holy frak yes, I can't get enough of it. Then later the "burn" glitch was an echo of awesomeness too. And again with the "ula" of "dragula".

You have an amazing ability to get a feel for the music and the source with the pacing, editing, and just plain coolness.
[User Picture]